FUTILITY By George W Kiwanuka


Don’t look at my face I abhor being in this place dread that it’s not a mere phase
Jailed in this maze I cry for freedom…escape
Hesitating though
 at the thought of the cost
Lust and tempting kisses chain me here so wrong yet so addictive

 Doom impends over
my head claws of death reaching out to clasp me
Marked by my own…like Iscariot’s kiss of death
Quivering and quickening at every sound and bark
I lament of my ghosts and demons
They that day after day cast nets
To tear and drown me The skulls in my closet anchor me down
 like a weight tied to a drowning man’s limbs

My feet are slow, knees and limbs numb
My lungs ache, defeat is calling
Demise’s dark veil flying
towards a doomed me
Pity and despise from all the sadist witnesses
I give in to futility and accept reality
The Inevitable  End
     George W Kiwanuka
     @Georgewkiwanuka

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY-DREAM by George Kiwanuka

Message in a Bottle....by George W Kiwanuka

LOAD OF MIXED SIGNALS!